Animal Care and Control

The Lincoln County Animal Control Officer provides services and protection to the animals and people of Lincoln County. Duties of the Animal Control Officer include patrolling for stray dogs, responding to complaints of dogs at large, nuisance barking, animal bites, vicious and dangerous dog complains and investigating animal cruelty and neglect complaints.

Dog Control Ordinance

Animal Control Regulations

Kennel License Application

City of Libby Urban Chicken Permit Application

For after hour emergencies, such as a person or animal in immediate danger, animal bites, injured animals that are still alive or an animal on a roadway causing a traffic problem, dial 9-1-1.

Common Questions

How do I find out if my pet is in the custody of Animal Control?
If you are unsure if your pet is in the custody of Animal Control call the Libby shelter at (406) 293-5665 or Eureka shelter at (406) 889-5457.

How do I get my pet out of Animal Control impound?
If your pet is in the custody of Animal Control, call our the shelter at the numbers listed above.

How do I report a dangerous animal?
If you have witnessed or been threatened by a dangerous animal, contact the Animal Control Officer at (406) 293-4112.

If you have been bitten by a stray or strange animal, call 9-1-1 and seek immediate medical attention. The medical professionals will contact Animal Control.

Emergency or After Hours Reports:
Contact Lincoln County Dispatch: (406) 293-4112 or dial 9-1-1 for emergencies

For wildlife questions, please contact Fish, Wildlife and Parks at (406) 752-5501 or visit: Fish, Wildlife and Parks Website