Visit our new website!
Lincoln County CWPP draft 03/07/23
To preserve and enhance Montana’s natural and manmade resources by mobilizing all Montanans to make their homes, neighborhoods, and communities fire safe. Lincoln County FireSafe Council is a nonprofit group that is here to help citizens of the county prepare for a wildfire.
- Provide leadership for and coordinate voluntary FireSafe activities in Lincoln County.
- Provide technical assistance, information, resource materials, and other help to landowners and other concerned citizens to help them assess their risks from wildfire, increase preparedness, and reduce risks where possible.
- Encourage and facilitate homeowners’, homeowner’s associations, and others’ voluntary participation in developing, implementing, monitoring, and evaluating FireSafe programs and activities.
- Provide representation from Lincoln County to FireSafe Montana, a non-profit organization which serves as a bridge between local FireSafe Councils around the state and the regional and national interests and policy makers whose activities affect the successful implementation of those Councils’ wildfire mitigation activities.
- Update, revise and help implement the Lincoln County CWPP
- Work and collaborate with local, state, and federal agencies (Local fire departments, DNRC, USFS, and Flathead Economic Policy Center) on projects of mutual interest.
- Encourage students in the county to take an active part in the Lincoln County FireSafe Council.
- Provide the leadership for FireWise education in the county.
Lincoln Co. Forester