Recycling is the easiest way to preserve the earth’s resources and keep Lincoln County as the pristine Gem of the Northwest. We encourage you to take the time to help maintain a healthy and sustainable environment for future generations by educating yourself on a few simple practices that will enhance our environment, minimize the waste stream, decrease waste management costs and prolong the life of the county landfills.
Recycling in Lincoln County continues to grow as the county continually strives to make the process easier for you. Self-serve recycling trailers are available and spread throughout the county and the Lincoln County Landfill in Libby is near completion of being renovated as a world-class recycling facility.
What Could You Be Recycling?
Lincoln County Recycles:
- Papers of all kinds
- Plastics #1 through #7
- Aluminum and steel/tin cans (Soft drink/beverage cans and steel food cans)
- Do not recycle: Aluminum foil, foil containers, steel, aerosol cans and paint cans
- Cardboard (Both corrugated and non-corrugated cardboard)
- Do not Recycle: Cardboard with a wax surface
- E-Waste (See list of accepted items here)
Lincoln County Does Not Recycle:
- Styrofoam packing material
- Plastic and styrofoam cups
- Food or garbage
- Hardback books
Convenient Recycling Locations
North Lincoln County Annex
66121 MT Highway 37
653 Airport Road
Libby (Across from City Hall)
952 East Spruce
Lincoln County Landfill (Libby)
2501 Pipe Creek Road
34745 U.S. Highway 2, Libby
141 St. Regis Haul Road
273 Dump Road
Specialized Recycling Products
The Libby, Eureka and Troy landfills accept the following recyclables:
- Used appliances
- Scrap metal
- Wood products
- Yard Waste
- Batteries (auto or lead acid)
- **Motor oil
**Troy landfill does not accept these products
Helpful Recycling Hints
- Flatten plastic.
- Rinse all containers.
- It is okay to leave paper labels on plastic bottles and cans.
- Remove the cap.
- If you bag your paper, place all paper in BROWN PAPER BAGS.
All other items should be placed loosely in the recycle bin.
- Keep recyclables separate.
Vehicles and Mobile Homes
At the Libby Landfill, junk vehicles are stored for annual crushing and recycling. If you have a junk vehicle call (406) 283-2442 or visit our Junk Vehicle page here.
Lincoln County has a program to ecologically dispose of mobile homes that have been deemed unlivable. Learn more here.