All dogs in the Lincoln County, 6 months or older, must be licensed. The licenses expire on June 30th and must be renewed each year by July 1st. Purchase licenses at the Lincoln County Annex in Libby. You will need a copy of the dog’s rabies vaccination certificate. The fee is $5 for spayed or neutered dogs, $10 for unaltered dogs. Dog Licenses for the current year are available at any Animal Control Office.
If you prefer, you can fill out the application below:
Lincoln County Dog License Application
5 REASONS TO LICENSE YOUR DOG
- It’s the law.
Animal Control’s licensing program is designed to help stop the spread of rabies. All dogs over 6 months old and living in Lincoln County must be licensed. Licenses are valid for one year, from July 1st to June 30th.
- What if your dog goes missing?
If your dog is found wandering, having him licensed helps animal control to return him home safely.
- The cost of the license is less than a fine.
Dog license fees are $10 for an unaltered dog or $5 for a spayed/neutered dog. Residents age 62 or older, receive one dog license at no cost. Failure to license a dog is a misdemeanor punishable by a $25 fine and/or up to a week in jail.
- Licensing lets people know you care for your dog.
A dog cannot be licensed unless its rabies vaccination is current. People will be more likely to care for your missing dog if they know that it is vaccinated and has responsible owners waiting at home.
- License fees support animal programs.
The annual license fee helps support animal control and animal-related programs such as discounted spay/neuter certificates and sheltering services.
How to license your dog
- Bring your current rabies vaccination to the 2nd floor of the Lincoln County Annex.
418 Mineral Ave, Libby
The office is open from 8:00 to 5:00, Monday – Friday.
- Visit Tobacco Valley Animal Shelter, Eureka.
The shelter is open Monday - Saturday from 1:00- 4:00 pm.
- Visit Friends of the Shelter at 255 County Shop Rd.
The shelter is open Monday - Friday from 12:00- 3:00 pm.
- If you prefer to license your dog by mail, complete the online license application linked below and return it with the appropriate fee to:
418 Mineral Ave, Libby, MT 59923.
Your dog license will be mailed back to you.
Lincoln County Dog License Application - Online Form