Click the Link Below to Search the County Map
Lincoln County Address Search
Lincoln County Addressing Office Hours
Monday - Friday
10am-12:30pm & 1:30-3:00pm
Planning & GIS
The Lincoln County Planning and GIS Department provides land use planning and implementation services to the citizens and elected officials of Lincoln County and the cities of Troy, Eureka and Libby. The Department seeks to effectively improve the health, safety and welfare of all Lincoln County residents through active involvement in community and economic development, natural resources and land-use planning. We evaluate existing conditions and work to ensure the provision of adequate public services to meet future needs.
In all work efforts, it is the responsibility of the Planning Department to:
- Promote development that contributes to community goals as stated in the Lincoln County Growth Policy
- Support elected officials and agency coworkers in their efforts to improve the public health, safety and welfare of the citizens (both present and future) of Lincoln County
- Encourage public participation in planning for the future
- Strive for excellence in serving our communities
What We Do:
- Administer all land use planning functions at a local government level
- Prepare recommendations for the Lincoln County Commissioners on all land development proposals
- Work with the Lincoln County Planning Board to implement the Lincoln County Growth Policy, prepare land use policy recommendations and project review
- Administer the Lincoln County Subdivision Regulations, Floodplain Regulations and Lakeshore Construction permits.
- Assign rural addresses in conformance with the Enhanced-911 system.
- Provide data analysis and maps by maintaining an accurate geographic information system.
- Consult with the County Clerk and Recorder for clerical errors and omissions on certificates of surveys and to ensure exempt divisions of land are in compliance with the provisions outlined in the Montana Subdivision and Platting Act
- Consult with the Environmental Health Department for appropriate water and sanitation information.
- Consult with the County Attorney for legal advice