Here are some facts and information for answering common questions and to clarify Protection Orders in Lincoln County.
Protection Order Q&A
What Does Montana Law Say About Domestic Abuse?
It is against the law for a partner or family member to:
- Cause you bodily harm, or
- Cause you to fear bodily harm
If you are being hurt or threatened with harm, your partner is breaking the law!
If you are being abused, you can:
- Report the abuse to the police
- Apply for an order of protection
- Get help and support from someone you trust and/or
- Call a crisis hotline, such as the National Domestic Violence Hotline at 1-800-799-SAFE (7233)
- Deaf and Hard of Hearing Domestic Violence Hotline 1-800-787-3224 (TTY)
- For Sexual Assault call RAINN (Rape, Abuse, Incest National Network) 24/7 at 800-656-HOPE (4673)